Thursday, September 22, 2005

Automatic Word Completion

Today I was caught as the middle man of a text conversation between History Buff and DP. DP wanted me to tell her that she was a "peach." When I did, she suggested, after serious contemplation, that I tell him he was "a apple." Aside from the incorrect article, it seemed appropriate enough, but then she realized there was an even better fruit to describe him. "No! A mango! That's the party fruit! It fits him perfectly."

"Whatever," I thought.

But when I went to key in "mango" the automatic text completion gave me "manho." I guess the cell phone knows what kind of parties DP goes to.

5 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fun thing to ask people is if they're "eating" anyone. You mean "dating," but "eating" is the first word that comes up. Or you could mean to say you "hate" me but actually say you "have" me. Potentially awkward.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Limon said...

I do have you, DP. I do from the bottom of my juice-filled heart.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Cooper said...

Predictive text is a hoot. My friend once meant to text me "Ninja needs to hide" (it's a long story), but predictive text had him say "Minka offer to hide." Minka is the new name of the man we used to call ninja.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Cooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

Once I was sending a text message about DP. I can't remember if it was to him or just about him, but either way, I was keying in his name. First, it came up as date. Then it turned into fate. Finally, it turned into his name (crap... I didn't just give away his secret identity, did I?). For about a month, I lay awake at night, wondering if I really was fated to date DP. (If you're reading this, DP, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just saying that maybe my Magic 8 ball told me that actually we shouldn't be dating. Plus, you already burned all those bridges. Cheers!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home