Saturday, September 24, 2005

Like Trying to Find a Needle in a Muffinstack

My brother and I went grocery shopping today, and besides the wrongly priced Log Cabin syrup, the trip was, overall, very undeceptive. I did notice, however, while walking through the pastry section, which always involves a good, long look at the many deliciously sweet and lard-laden treats, that there was a box of twelve muffins with a broken seal. As I looked more closely, I saw that there was indeed a muffin missing and one that was only half broken--still salvagable. Another muffin had a needle hole in it and seemed to be oozing some sort of fluid. I am assuming it was boston creme.

My brother recently returned from his mission to Russia, and this incident led him to recount a mission story, which about three out of four things do for people at his stage.

Limoncito: "One time on my mission we found a bloody syringe in our borsch."

Limon: "No way!"

Limoncito: "Well, it could have been beet juice, but I'm pretty sure it was blood."

Limon: "Oh." Slightly disappointed. "I guess a syringe is still pretty gross."

Limoncito: "Well, it could have been a potato, but I'm pretty sure it was a needle."

Limon: "You're not very bright, are you?"

Limoncito: "I just don't have a very keen sense of taste."

Limon: "So you ate it anyway?"

Limoncito: "I was hungry."

Note: This story is only loosely based on reality. I am leaving it up to you, the reader, to decide what is true and what is not. It's like a choose your own adventure book, except without all the page turning.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger ambrosia ananas said...

You always have such an interesting version of reality, LemonBoy.

For instance, if I were to tell you that reading your blog title makes me wonder when life is going to hand *me* a Lemon, I would not be at all surprised if you said something like: "Oooh. So you could make lemonade. From *prunes*. And then become a prune-lemonade-colored clown in the Life circus. And you'd look like *this*." [accompanied by appropriate facial contortions]

Actually, I would be surprised if you said that. I can't emulate your degree of randomness. And anyway, everyone knows that no one likes prune-lemonade-colored clowns look more like *this*.

Anyway, I'm glad your brother didn't die of beet poisoning.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

On my mission? In one of the cities? There were, like, needles? On the ground and stuff? And one day? My companion and I saw two cars pulled off at a deserted roadside and we saw scary-looking people conducting business! So we just, like, stared straight ahead and walked past them and wondered if they were going to shoot us. But they didn't.

I didn't get your comment about people at his stage. What do you mean?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Limon said...

Cicada,
I just remember that when I had recently returned from my mission I had a really hard time not relating everything to the mission. It was the same thing that happened at the beginning of my mission, when I couldn't stop relating things to home. I am sure once he has a few good experiences at home that he will be able to talk about other things. (And I don't mean to suggest that it is bad to share mission stories. I still have my long recounting moments.)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Cooper said...

Thanks for the Choose Your Own Adventure. I hate turning pages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home