Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Love Practical Jokes

When I lived in DC, my friends and I occasionally went to an acquaintance's house for parties that were consistently lame. We would make them fun for us by dancing and being crazy, but everyone else would just stare at us.
When we finished our time there, we were having a group email discussion and someone mentioned the lame parties. So I made a new email address under the name of this guy, whom we'll call Hanson, and sent them this email:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to comment on "We can all pretend that we are back at one of Hanson's parties...without all of the awkward conversation-less ward friends, of course."
I really don't apreciate you guys always talking smack behind my back. It's like you think I won't find out about it. Sorry that my parties didn't suit your style. Next time I'll remember to spare you the akwardness and not invite you.
Hanson
They realized almost immediately that it was me.

As I was reading through my old emails, I found this one and decided to revive the fun of fake emails from real people.
Hey friends,
I just wanted to get your current addresses so that I can send you invitations to my wedding. I know it took a long time, and many of you are surprised that I made it at all, but the Lord blesses us all in His time. And my time has come. So send me your addresses, please!

Thanks,
Hanson
The Bantha, whom I still see at school and who was the first one to realize that it was me the first time, responded cordially.
Hey Hanson!

Congratulations! Here is my address:
XXX North XXX West
Provo, UT 8460x

The Bantha
I couldn't believe that she didn't remember. So of course I continued. Here are the remainder of the emails. It's important to note that Hanson and the Bantha really did not know each other very well and that he is not, as far as I know, getting married.
The Bantha!
It's been so long! I am so glad that you responded so quickly. I wanted to ask you a question. Would you be able to make it DC on Nov. 25? I would really love it if you could come to the sealing, but I only have twenty-five seats (you know the bride gets what she wants), so I need to know as soon as you can figure it out. Let me know!
Thanks,
Hanson

Hanson,

I'll be in DC in October interviewing for jobs, but I'll be back at
school in November. I'm going to BYU Law School right now. Actually,
Limon just started here too. But I just wanted to say
congratulations. That is wonderful that you are getting married!

Good Luck!
The Bantha

The Bantha,
Well, when will you be in DC? Maybe we could move the date up. I'll talk to my fiance and see what we can do. I think the earliest we could do it would be October 19. Will you be in town before then? It's really important to me that you are there for my big day. Please let me know. Make sure to tell Limon to send me his address too. Thanks,
Hanson

Hanson,
Amusing. Sorry, I won't be in town. But still, congratulations!

The Bantha,
I talked to Samantha, and she said that she's willing to do it whenever you are in town. We've been engaged for a long time, so she's actually quite glad to move it up. Also, if you are going to be in town in October, would you mind being one of the brides maids? Samantha's cousin went on a study abroad, so we are one lady short. Please let me know when you are going to be here and what size dress you need. We'll take care of it, so you wouldn't have to pay. Let me know!
Hanson


Don't be ridiculous. I get it. very funny.

The Bantha,
Ok. I don't know why you are being so mean. I really look back at that summer in DC as one of the best times of my life. The friends I made there have been really important to me over the past few years, and I know I haven't been the best at keeping in touch, but that doesn't mean that it would be "ridiculous" to think its important that my friends are at my wedding. I needed someone to fill in for Samantha's cousin and I thought you would be willing to do it if you would be in DC. Apparently I misjudged our friendship, both in your willingness to help me out and in your kindness to me. Just forget about the whole thing. Maybe when you are getting married you will be less "ridiculous" in wanting your friends to be there.
Good luck with law school.
Hanson
TWO Days later, without a response:
The Bantha,
Also, I just wanted you to tell Limon hi for me. I just think
that he's the coolest guy around. He's so funny and handsome, and if I were a woman, I would try and marry him all the time.
And again, don't be so mean.
Hanson
So I finally saw her and she said that she figured out it was me and put that email in her spam blocker. I can't believe she would consider funny emails like that spam! Oh well. I just hope that no one ends up seeing Hanson and asking how Samantha is.

11 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I like practical jokes too... as long as I'm not on the receiving end.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger maWeesa said...

oh limon.. you are quite the funny one

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger maWeesa said...

also.. it's good to see your return to the blogging world sucker!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger MishMyBelle said...

how I miss you in my life!! Mel is coming to DC the 2nd weekend in October...dc reunion?! Can you make it?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kiersten said...

I'm glad you started blogging again! That's funny that "Bantha" blocked you. But I guess it was bound to happen sometime...

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Joseph said...

DC Reunion at Hanson's house!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

All you blog about anymore is wedding stuff. Wedding, wedding, wedding.

Also, this almost made me cry I was laughing so hard.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Making up for lost time, aren't we?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jrose said...

I'm surprised that you even remembered to tell her that you were joking...That's just not your style ;)~

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, Limon. I thought you were my friend! After all this time, to find out that not only you thought my parties were lame, but that you have no respect for my personal life whatsoever. You just cost yourself a friend, PartyPooper!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger MOMMACITA said...

I've been waiting a year for a post. Get with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home