Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Magical World of Degravitania

My family is doing a Biggest Loser competition this fall in an attempt to promote healthy living. I was glad to participate, since every few months I try to lose big anyway. We are supposed to weigh in every week, but I haven't been able to get to a scale, since I haven't been to the gym in over a month. I finally got there yesterday and was very curious about how my weight was doing. I stepped up onto the doctor's-type scale and moved the weight over to 200. The arm dropped. So I moved the weight back to 150 and moved the smaller weight up to 50. The arm stayed up. So apparently I weigh somewhere between 200 and 200. But not 200 or 200. I went downstairs to the faculty weight room and the same thing happened. Luckily there was a normal bathroom scale next to it. I stepped on and the dial swung around to reveal my true weight--180. Now I was really pleased and surprised to see that, because I haven't been 180 since maybe seventh grade. Not joking.

So I figure that in order to find my actual weight, I need to travel to a mythical land. To get to Narnia, you must go through the wardrobe. To Wonderland, you go through the looking glass. To Oz, you go through a concussion. Maybe I found the passageway to Degravitania, the land where your weight disappears and then drops by 20 pounds. I will be charging for admission at the low price of 20 dollars. Just meet me outside the university gym. (Please note the twenty-pound-lighter Mr. Tumnus.)

4 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

So if I give you $20, when I get to Degravitania, does that turn into $0?

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lemonzest said...

YAYAYAYA! I'm so happy! Today was one of those days when I randomly think to myself, hmm, I should check out Limon's blog just to see if he's posted anything, and I am in luck!!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Let me know if you ever find portals to these magical lands:

Defenestrania
A land where people throw themselves out of windows without getting injured.

Dewrestlemania
Sorry, Mr. Hogan. You're not welcome here.

De-can-you-blame-me-a
A land where only rational excuses survive

And wouldn't it be fun to visit De-I-feel-strange-i-a or De-are-you-insane?!-i-a

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger ambrosia ananas said...

Dear Limon,

Enclosed is $20. Now I'm skinny again, right?

Thanks,

Ambrosia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home