Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Limericks

On Father's Day, we went to my dad's house far a family get-together. After most of the family had left, my two younger siblings, my dad and I stayed to play games. One of the games we played was limericks, in which each person writes one line of a limerick then passes the paper to the left. It's kind of exciting to see how something you wrote the first line for will turn out. And of course they end up having to do with one of two topics: fat and poop. Here are some examples. Names have been removed to protect the less guilty.

A girl once looked just like a pumpkin,
And she wasn't real smart--just a dumb thing.
But she one Halloween
Had an idea real keen:
Wear a girdle for making her rump thin!

He used to hold calves for castration,
A sacrifice for the whole nation.
But then one day he slipped
And his own self he nipped.
Now he trills in soprano vibration.

Although she ate three tons of ice cream,
She still held on tight to the crossbeam.
But she didn't do well
And finally fell
And let out a chocolatey poo-stream.

Whenever he went to the shops,
The salespeople heard some strange plops
They smelled a strange smell
And quickly could tell
They'd better go order more mops.

Backstory: We used to tease my little brother that he had a good friend named Carlita Monchata who tried to move away, so he hid her in his butt, mostly because we figured that someone with a butt that big had to have someone living in it.

When he started courting Carlita,
She was strangely obsessed with his seat-a.
She found it quite nice
Yet paid a dear price,
For she's stuck there for eternitita.

Try it with your family and see if you come up with anything cleaner.

12 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Cicada said...

Oh my gosh. How can you post something like this so early in the morning? My roommate fell asleep on the couch last night, and I've been in the living room doing homework since 4:00, and now I had to try and read this and not laugh out loud! Ahhhh, of course my favorite one is the castration one. BRILLIANT.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Cicada said...

There once was a girl named Cicada...

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Limon said...

who dressed just like a sack of potatas

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

She always got crazy...

Nice.

I can guarantee my family would come up with the same topics mentally, but would be to prudish to put them on paper and we would have limericks about math and grammar...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

But she sure wasn't lazy...

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except on her trips to Grenada.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

You are all geniuses.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger daltongirl said...

Here's what my family came up with. I'm sorry there's no fat or poop in it.

There once was a baby named Stan
Who grew up to be a tall man.
He didn't know how
To milk a brown cow,
So he ended up driving a van.

We're working on something grosser.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have never even written!!!

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate this blog. I'm never checking it again. You are dead to me.

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you? you should post! I need you to post so that I can live vicariously through your life and can continue to avoid living my own! so... do it!

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to start writing again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home