Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Willkommen zu Hause!

"I am from ze lant of chocolate!" That's one of my favorite memories from the Simpsons.

JTS returned from a two-month tryst in Germany on Thursday. Now, despite the fact that we repeatedly asked him through Facebook messages if we should sell his contract, and despite the fact that he repeatedly told us to, when he got to the house, he was shocked to find that there were no contracts left. He doesn't have a place to live. He just kept saying, "Why didn't anyone tell me that there were no contracts left?" When we reminded him of the several messages on Facebook, he said, "Yeah, I knew you sold my contract, but why didn't you tell me that there were no other contracts left?"

So, despite the inexplicable miscommunication, JTS was very forgiving of the way we ousted him from the house. What's interesting, though, is the fact that he has yet to actually find a place to live. Luckily, Bard B is in Hawaii with his family for the week, so JTS has just stayed in his room. Unluckily, Bard B comes back tomorrow, and our house is way too small for extra inhabitants.

Whenever JTS does something annoying, I just remind him that he doesn't live here anymore. For example, when he heats up chili in the microwave without an effective cover, or when he makes demands about the air conditioning. "You don't even live here," I say. Then we laugh and laugh as I call the police and report a trespasser.

The last straw came this morning when JTS informed me that Ryan, a guy in our ward last year who became good friends with JTS in Europe, would be staying at our house for the next few days. That means that Bard B will be back in his bed (that's like a little tongue twister), Ryan will be sleeping on the couch in our small living room, and JTS will be sleeping on the floor in the computer/closet area of the bedroom Frazzle B and I share. Did JTS ask any of us if that was ok? No. Are either of them going to be helping with the utilities? Doubtful. Is there food going to take up room in our fridge? Definitely. Is Frazzle B going to have to jump over JTS several times every morning in order to get ready for the day. You'd better believe it. After all this, I only have one thing to say:

YOU DON'T EVEN LIVE HERE!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have so many issues with this post that I don't even know where to begin! So I won't but just know that i could make a really good case to defend myself.

-Villified in Salem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home