Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Tonight I have so many attractive opportunites that I don't even know what to do about it. Here are my options:

1. Attend the big Halloween bash going on at my neighbor's house.

Pros: There should be a lot of people there. There will be loud music and greasy dancing. They have really gone all out the last few days in decorating, so there should be a lot of cheap spiderweb material at about the level of my head.

Cons: See Pros.

2. Go trick-or-treating with JTS, who is really excited about it.

Pros: I would get lots of good candy. JTS is almost always very funny. I could push the limits of my comfort zone (i.e., healthy growth).

Cons: I don't need to any candy at all, let alone "lots." I would feel really, truly, awkwardly bad if an old woman chastised us for being 24 and acting like children, especially if she quoted 1 Corinithians 13 and sprayed us with a vial of holy water.

3. Stay home and study.

Pros: I might actually have some idea of what my two tests this week would cover. I might get to bed at a decent hour.

Cons: Studying s*cks. (I am employing the censorship style of many radio stations. As if a vowel makes any difference in my brain.)

Whatever I do, I am going to wear my costume (which any of you can copy, as long as you promise not to participate in any of the activities listed above.) I am going to be a salt shaker (or pepper shaker, I haven't decided yet). All you need is a plastic bag for your shirt and a paper plate with black dots drawn on it for your hat. So easy I can barely wait.

6 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger redlaw said...

Try doing all three - aw, multi-tasking, how I love thee....

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

I'm supposed to go to my ward party tonight. It's a dance. I hate dancing. I want to go because I need to get out of my comfort zone and meet people. But I don't actually want to get out of my comfort zone. If I go, I'll probably end up having a terrible time (I really, REALLY can't stand dances) and I'll be disappointed because what I hope to achieve is popularity and friends, but what I'll likely achieve is standing at the wall and hating dancing, or worse, being asked to dance and hating dancing. Ugh! The decisions! The decisions!

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh, there was this one night that I had 3 or 4 really cool plans to choose from, and i ended sleeping through all of them!!

It was one of the saddest experiences of my life... almost as sad as the time that we couldn't go to Hershey Park b/c our stupid brother had to go and get a ginormous splinter in his foot on the boardwalk so that he couldn't walk!! Worst! (i don't know if you were there for that, but it stunk!)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

Don't forget to throw rice grains in the garbage bag...you know...so the salt doesn't pick up moisture.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Limon said...

redlaw: I wish I were as talented as you in that regard. I'd probably end up trying to grind for my candy.

cicada: having fun at dances is all about being with the right people. as in people who dance, but don't make fun of the way you do.

kat: I don't remember that, though that doesn't mean I wan't there. Was it brother #4 or #6? Was it with Mrs. Graham?

sr: funny you should mention that, because when I finally took the bag off, my shoulders were quite damp, but nor from real sweat, because I wasn't dancing. I definitely should have applied a ricepack beforehand.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

Limon,

I disagree entirely. I hate dancing and I hate dances. It's only worse if I actually do have to dance. Ugh. I'm starting to shake just thinking about dances...

My sister-in-law didn't really understand this about me until this summer when I was forced to dance at a family reunion. After she witnessed my "dancing," she recanted everything that she had previously said about my giving dancing a shot. I just don't do it at all. I hate it. I hate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home