Friday, October 21, 2005

The Confirmation Call

So it turns out that I had to call the Woman back the night before the date. She wanted to apologize for how she had asked me out.

Initial coversation:

Woman: Um, hey. Will you do me a favor?

Limon: What?

Woman: Will you go out with me? I just want to go see this movie.

Limon: Oh. Sure.


Follow-up call (no exaggeration needed):

Woman: So, I am really sorry about how I asked you out last night. I didn't mean to sound like I was in eighth grade.

Limon: How would you have done it differently?

Woman: I don't know. I just didn't want the words to come out in that order.

Limon: So you meant to say, "You go will me out with?"

Woman: Oh no, it's happening again. I just keep talking and I can't stop saying stupid things.

Limon: It's not your fault. I always make people nervous.

Woman: Why is that?

Limon: Oh, because I'm really judgmental.

Woman: Are you judging me right now?

Limon: You're at about a 7.9.

Woman: That's pretty low. What, are you a Russian?

Limon: Well, you don't know what the score is out of. And I ain't gon tell you.

Stay tuned for the next installment of "The Girl Who Asked Me Out," the episode entitled "The Case of the Awkward Doorstep Moment."

9 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger redlaw said...

What I really want is for the woman who asked you out to read this blog.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger daltongirl said...

"Will you do me a favor?" That's how DB asked me to marry him. I started laughing my head off, actually, because it was about the cheesiest thing I'd ever heard. Poor kid.

So anyway, if things progress, and you end up asking her to marry you, you could turn the question around on her. On second thought, it's probably her that will be doing the proposing, so that won't work. Maybe she'll say, "Um, will you do me another favor?" Plan now. Whatever your answer is going to be, don't laugh.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

What I meant to say was...she at least sounds normal. Your first post about her made it seem like she was a complete idiot for asking you out. Sure the awkwardness is there, but if it weren't for that, I bet you wouldn't be posting about it, if things went more smoothly.

Can't wait for the proposal, since she made the effort to ask you out, she really already has your whole wedding planned. Despite her excuse of, "I just want to see this movie."

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was when she asked if you were Russian that she started to seem more normal. Or at least more like you.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Limon said...

I should apologize if I made it seem like she was a weirdo. In fact, she is very accomplished, smart, and not unattractive at all. Which is the real reason why the cause of my disappointed needed to be fleshed out. and blogged about.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger i i eee said...

Yeah, a good blog venting session can always help you see the error of your ways. Hope you post more soon about your date. Because I like reading about dates, since they really are a rare phenomena.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sarah Louise said...

I don't know who this girl is and I really hope she doesn't read this blog, but I like her.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Limon said...

sarah louise! You should like her.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metamorphose, they're really not that uncommon! In our ward we have a "date club" and every week we plan fun, simple dates. Yes, it's a group date, but we try to do some parts separately, like dinner or a drive, so you still get some one-on-one time with your date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home