Tuesday, February 28, 2006

An FHE to Remember

Part I

Last night I woke up from my nap just in time to head over to FHE. After a short lesson we played a very interesting game. The basic idea is that one person stands in the middle, blindfolded, with a pillow. He or she then walks around the room and hits the other seated participants with the pillow. When he or she does, the person hit must snort like a pig. Then the one blindfolded must guess who it is by the snort. If the guess is right, the snorter goes to the middle. If wrong, the one blindfolded must move on to someone else.

Sounds stupid, but it is actually pretty fun.

Except for poor Leeza. Leeza, you see, has an incredibly high-pitched giggle, that easily transforms into a high-pitched pig squeal. And she can't stop herself from laughing. This makes it very easy for anyone blindfolded to know who she is. So, when Drew was in the middle, he was pretty relieved to find that he had hit a squeaking, squealing girl pig with his pillow. But he just stood there, paused in an inexplicable stupor. He had to know it was her; the laugh was unmistakable. Yet he stood there silent. Finally, he said, "Leslie? It's Leslie, right?" which, of course, no one wanted to respond to for fear of giving up their location. The convulsions and flailings and mouth-grabbing moments of silent, contained laughter only added to the awkward tension as Drew continued to ask if it was Leslie. We eventually let him now that it was Leeza, but that we would count it. He removed the blindfold ans sheepishly sat down.

Only five muntes later, Drew was back in the center, swinging his pillow wildly. He again hit Leeza. The girl was laughing so hard inside that she didn't even snort. She just convulsed as he continued to prod her with the pillow. Eventually, she couldn't hold it any longer, and a single high-pitched, squeaking laugh escaped. "Leslie!" he cried in triumph. The whole room, once tensely silent, erupted in disbelieving laughter. "It's Leeza!"

Part II

As I ate the Oreos for treat, a quote scribbled on a post-it note on the wall caught my attention. "You are not a loser. You were once a sperm, among millions, and you made it to the egg." As I laughed about that, one of the girls in the apartment turned me around and said, "You are not a loser," continuing the quote. Frazzle B overheard and looked at her in confusion. We pointed out the quote on the wall and he laughed too. The girl explained how one of her professors had said that in class. "So now we know we are not losers," she said.

Frazzle B interjected: But does that apply to girls, too?

Girl: Frazzle B! (in a shocked, pitying way)

Frazzle B: What?

Limon: No, girls are just made of eggs. Lots of eggs. We'd better get out of here.

Part III

On the way home, Frazzle B and I explained what he had said inside to JTS.

Frazzle B: And then Limon said, "No, girls are just made of eggs. Lots of eggs."

JTS: Yeah, that's why they're so stupid.

Ironic that a night of Leslies, eggs, and the origins of women's stupidity should end with that assertion. Somehow it seems it might not be the girls . . .

10 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

HA HA HA HA!

Holy COW--a night of frivolous hilarity that reminds me of the good ol' college days. You don't get entertainment like that once you leave the communes known as college housing...

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger daltongirl said...

Bwah hahahahaha! THAT was hilarious. And good for you for picking up on the irony of the situation. A lesser man would have ignored it.

Do you know, every time I look at your URL, I wonder, "Who is Sweetle Mom?" and why is Sweet Lemon hiding behind her?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

I don't know who sweetle mom is, but I found sweetle.

http://sweetle.blogspot.com/

...

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

Oh so very, very funny.

During my first FHE with my current group, when we had to go around the circle saying our name, etc., one of the requirements was that we had to say which country we would like to bomb and why. Can you tell that guys were in charge of the activity?

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger redlaw said...

What? I don't get it....Girls are stupid, aren't they? ;-)

Though I am scratching my head at the quote from the professor...I guess I just don't think back to my days as an embroyo very often...

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

No, Redlaw; I am stupid...

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just don't get why you said, "as i ate the oreos for treat"

it's like those trivial pursuit questions that kept asking about those taste treats... just don't get it

i miss settlers :( did you ever think you hear me say that?

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger lola49 said...

i would totally lose at that game!!! you could tell my snort from anyones, of course i would probably start laughing my little head off before i could get it out.

i'm with you Lizza

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Limon said...

sr: let's hope I never have to leave.

dg: Sweetle Mom doesn't read my blog. She probably wouldn't approve of the content.

cicada: are these the same guys with the guns? They sound cool. And macho.

redlaw: a little hypnosis could probably help the memory problem. And the smoking.

kat: they really did talk about taste treats a lot. I guess I respect FHE treats som much they don't even need an article anymore.

lola: practice makes perfect. I believe that if you practice lots of different snorts with your mom that you will be able to rule that game. You're welcome daltongirl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home