Monday, March 30, 2009

A Conversation with a Four-year-old

Chris is the four-year-old son of the director of my a cappella group. He is also the funniest four-year old I have seen in a long time.

The other day we were at his house doing some recording with the group, and we were talking about how long it would take to finish recording.

Chris: How many minutes until you have to record?

Me: Probably like a million.

Chris: Like a billion?

Me: Probably like a trillion.

Chris: Like a jillion? Like a tillian? Like a willian?

Me: Who's William?

Chris: That's my grandma's name!

Me: She has a weird name.

Chris: Well, it kind of rhymes with her name.

Me: What's her name? (trying to think what woman's name could rhyme with William)

Chris: Debbie.

I then laughed really hard and told one of the other guys in the group. I looked back at Christian and he had his mad face on. He was obviously upset that I was laughing so hard, which means he wasn't joking this time, and clearly did not understand what "rhymes with" means. Don't worry, though, I apologized and tickled him, and it turns out it works as well on four-year-olds as it does on me!

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger MOMMACITA said...

This story works for me on so many levels

 

Post a Comment

<< Home