Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hair Today . . .

I can always tell when I got a bad haircut by the reactions that others give me. It is especially bad when they can't just ignore that it happened. This time, my hair was as long as it has been since my mom used to cut my hair and put it off as long as possible. In other words, my "You look like Clark Kent from Smallville!" hair changed to the "When are you being deployed to Iraq?" hair, and no one could pretend not to have noticed.

Awards for Best Reactions of the Day:

Second Runner-up
FHE Group: You cut your hair! Huh. (One girl says, "Come on, you're a handsome guy," which apparently means that I can pull off a bad haircut. Another says, "Well, I like it," like maybe I might take her out some time if she defends my tight fade.)

First Runner-up
JTS: Wow, your hairline is receding! It really shows with the new haircut.
Limon: Thanks. I asked the barber if he could highlight my baldness. It goes so unappreciated. If you need me, I'll be either be ordering Rogaine or drinking rubbing alcohol.

Grand Prize
History Buff: So, where did you get your haircut?
Limon: BYU Barbershop.
HB: I hear Bon Losee is really good.
Limon: Oh?
HB: Yeah. If they mess up then they refund your money and fix it.
Limon: Wow.
HB: Maybe you should go there next time.
Limon: Yeah. Maybe.

At least after all the stress this haircut has caused me, I won't have to worry so much about my hair, as it is beginning to fall out entirely. So much for trying to follow the honor code.

5 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

The difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is two weeks. Since you've moved out of my life, I probably won't see you before then, so I'm sure I'll love it when I see it.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Cooper said...

Hey, it's always uplifting to remember that no matter how bad you look now, you were always uglier as a kid, right? So at least you've got improvement going for you!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I direct you to Cicada's true feelings on the matter, in case you've forgotten?

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Limon said...

Cicada: I will try to stop by and pick up that book, and so that you can officially readmit me to your life.

Coop: You will never know how many days that thought gets me out of bed.

DP: What you forget is that she prefers long, curly hair. I do not, under any circumstances, look like a rex cat.

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been blogged about and didn't even know it! (I was rex cat hair boy.) What Cicada said is absolutely true—I began getting compliments on my hair immediately. Thanks to her savvy advice, I'm now married to a hot wife who is carrying my destined-to-be-curly-haired son.

By the way, Limon, I have no idea who you are, but Cicada is right again—your blog is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home