Monday, November 07, 2005

What's Funny Is Funny

And credit needs to given.

From an e-mail from wcl:

About two months ago a girl, wait, maybe you were here for this one. I can't remember. I'll just tell you like you weren't here. About two months ago a girl bore her testimony and made an inappropriate comment that made me cringe. Just as the shock of it was wearing off, she stood yesterday and made the same disgusting comment. Here's the comment: "You'll have to bear with me because I have a plumbing problem. My bladder is connected to my tear ducts. It's genetic."

WHAT?! She pees out of her eyes? Doesn't that stink? Doesn't that stain your face? Doesn't it sting your eyes? GROSS. Even if her bladder were connected to her tear ducts, would that mean that her eyes should uncontrollably leak urine every time she testifies? Why wasn't this girl taught anything as a child? Where were her parents, primary teachers, or EFY counselors? Please stop referring to bathroom activities in testimony meeting. Two other people then referenced her comment by admitting to "plumbing problems." Unbelievable. Stupid people. Oh, and Sacrament Mtg. went for two hours after that comment. I was dying.

Please teach the children to not pee out of their eyes.


As long as you continue to write me e-mails like that, I will, wcl, I will.

Speaking of teaching children, check out Daltongirl's master teaching moments.

9 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

Oh wow. The imagery! The imagery! Make it stop! Sounds like perhaps her colon is connected to her mouth...

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger daltongirl said...

I can't breathe. I can't see. Tears are streaming down my face.

I'm trying to read this aloud to my kids and all that comes out is this huge squeal.

I forsee a fanTAStic Sharing Time for next Sunday.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger redlaw said...

Pee out of the eyes...hee hee hee...that never gets old.

Seriously, though, in sacrament meeting? She's giving girls everywhere a bad name.

This would be such a great Monty Python sketch - great, now I'm having sacreligious thoughts - thanks a lot, pee girl.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

Oh well...pee girl can't top the guy who quoted Madonna's, "Like a Virgin," in one fast and testimony meeting I attended.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Limon said...

cicada: now that would be a sight to behold.

dg: I am sure your kids can appreciate the frustration of a terrible sacrament meeting.

redlaw: I wonder if Monty Python has ever considered exploring the comedic possibilities of the LDS sacrament meeting.

meta: I cannot believe that! I feel uncomfortable anytime I hear those words. Would you mind sharing the context of that one?

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

daltongirl: are you sure they're tears?

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger i i eee said...

Concerning the "Like a Virgin" testimony. The guy got up and said, "I was listening to this song, and I realized how much it applies to Christ, our Savior. It starts off with, 'I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through, didn't know how lost I was, until I found you.'" And then he proceed to relate it to Jesus.

But I guess one can only expect such testimonial antics from a guy who also once pulled a double during fast and testimony meeting. I kid you not, a DOUBLE! He got up, gave his testimony, sat back down, and ten minutes later -HE GOT UP AGAIN!

I was so glad to get out of that ward. Until in my new ward, guess who decided to visit and share his testimony? The Like A Virgin guy!

(And terrible of me to say, but he gets away with it because he's a convert and he's foreign. Terrible, I know, but I can only speak the truth....)

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger daltongirl said...

WCL: My face wasn't stinging or stained, so I'm pretty sure they were just regular tears. Now that you mention it, though, they didn't taste as salty as usual.

Crap! I have a plumbing problem!

Meta: SO glad you shared the rest of that story. Classic.

I wish every Sunday could have a F&T meeting.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that due to this post, your blog has a huge following out here! Oh yes. word got around, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home