Monday, July 27, 2009

Hearing Aids and Sweaty Butts

A girl who had been struggling with a staph infection sat next to me in Sunday school. We'll call her Staphanie. The lesson had already started, so we were forced to whisper a greeting.

Staph: Hi!

Limon: Hey. How are you doing?

Staph: Eh. Groany sound. Um. Eh.

Limon: Well, you made it to church, so that's a good sign.

Staph: My butt is sweating.

Limon: Your butt is sweating?

Staph: (laughing hysterically but mostly silently)

Limon: (realizing that she did not say her butt was sweating, flipping through rolodex of possibilities) Your brother's wedding?

Staph: (laughing harder and less silently)

Limon: What? What did you say?

Staph: But it's spreading!

Limon: Oh, that's a relief.

Do I need hearing aids? Anyone else ever had a mishearing quite so awkward?

5 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Lemonzest said...

Not that I can think of!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger MishMyBelle said...

This is hilarious. I think you win. So happy to see you blogging again! Heading back east anytime soon?!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger MOMMACITA said...

Note to self. No mumbling around Limon.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger maWeesa said...

So.. these last two posts are why i continue to check your blog every few months even if you only post once a year.. you are pretty freaking funny... how are you??

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Steff said...

So I don't even know you but I stumbled upon your blog and you are hilarious! I'm glad I have your blog to enjoy my time at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home