Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Isn't It Interesting?

I have had a few experiences recently that have reminded me that life has a seemingly endless supply of ironic moments ripe for the proverbial picking by astute observers. It reminds me of the time I saw the Carpenter's Guild building. It was made entirely of beautiful marble.

I Hate Money!

Singing Girl has her own car. She lives in a very expensive condo. She pretty much buys whatever she wants. Her parents still pay for her insurance. She just got a large engagement ring. She is a pretty materialistic girl. After describing the post-wedding financial "burdens," she screams, "I hate money. I really do." Interesting. A girl who is in the top 5 percent of all the world's consumers has such a loathing for the very thing that provides her luxuriously care-free life. Interesting.



That Car is in the Way!

My new roommate moved in with his diesel-powered Ford F350, the immense presence of which has been a slight inconvenience for the rest of the residents. My neighbor has the hatchback Aspire, which has trouble clearing a thimble. There are only two places in the lot, which holds 16 cars for 13 people, where the F350 can rest its weary pistons. (These two places include one where it covers two spots and one where it covers three.) The Aspire has been in one of those spots for the last week, still covered in snow.










Yesterday F350 Dude knocked on my door. "Dude, do you know whose little white car that is?" I responded in the affirmative. "Cause he has to move that. Right now I am parked in the middle of the lot, and no one can get out." Interesting. The man who moves in with the truck the size of the greater metropolitan area of Cincinnati complains about the longtime resident who owns one of the tiniest cars I have seen on the road since Steve Urkel's converted laundry basket. Interesting.


The One I Can't Remember

I know there is one more I wanted to share, but I can't think of it for the life of me. Feel free to fill in your experiences until I can remember.

11 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

Once a shady visitor always parked his huge F-350 diesel Ford outside my window at precisely--well--bedtime. He never shut it off, so I was faced with the horrible rumbling of a large vehicle which, BTW, he never bothered to park in the designated parking spots.

One night, I tip-toed outside, opened his car door and turned off his engine. Then I threw his keys into the field over the fence. The truck was still there the next morning, but once it was moved, I never saw it again...

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Limon said...

If he doesn't leave it on, and there is no field by my house, is it still appropriate to steal his keys, move the truck, and throw the keys down a sewer grate?

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not unless you're using a different definition of appropriate than I use.

:D

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger redlaw said...

Limon,
That truck is a montrosity...whereas Cincinnati is actually a very pretty place....sometimes. I am opposed to trucks, by and large, for that reason - they are sooo big and difficult to maneuver around.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Cicada said...

Oh those stories are so obnoxious! I seriously was getting riled up just reading them.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a truck owner, I must say that there are many benefits to having a truck. For example, in the last five months I have averaged helping 2 or 3 people move each month. I am not defending idiots who don't know how to park, I'm just saying there are good things about trucks and the people who drive them.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Limon said...

ruth: i see we've been using a different dictionary again. American Heritage Forever!

redlaw: i am sure that Cincinnati is a wonderful place. Certainly better than Akron.

cicada: i didn't mean to get you all riled up. try some deep breathing exercises.

wcl, I apologize on behalf of all nontruck drivers. I am sorry that you are a hick.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Carina said...

Tonight, while driving home southbound on University Ave from work, I noticed that the Chevy Blazer in front of me had a driver's rear tire that was flat. It was really flat, not just low.

Traffic, as it is around 5 in Provo, was quite thick. We were stopped about 1000 feet north of 3700 North light (Will's Pit Stop Gas Station is on the corner.)

I observed that the blazer had been driving 60 mph, so they probably were unaware of their flat.
I took my life into my hands and got out of the car to warn the blazer. I approached the window. I informed the forty year old female driver (poodle perm) that her tire was flat. "Oh! Thank you!" she said.

I quickly got back in my car because the light had already turned green.

The blazer kept driving. PAST the gas station, PAST the long expanse of shoulder. They finally turned half a mile down the road, onto another street. They did NOT STOP; they KEPT DRIVING.

*flabbergasted*

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seen on a bumper sticker recently: "Yes this is my truck. No, I will not help you move."

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Jrose said...

Limon, I have to know...Does the truck have the word BOSS or JUDY written on the back window. That really will determine what kind of person the owner is...

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Limon said...

jrose: i can't believe I forget about that all the time. That was sooo funny, and picturing Boss with his vanity truck and illegitimate children going rabbit golfing is just too much to bear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home